Saturday 18 September 2010

Something Old.....


This old spindle was in the living room in a house I lived in for a while. (no not mine!) I absolutely loved this old spindle. I love old antiques and just old stuff in general. They always bring to mind a much simpler way of life. I wonder how many times this has been spun? I would have loved to have had a go on it, but I didn't want to touch it in case it fell apart!

Right at the bottom of the stairs in the hallway was this lovely old typewriter.

I believe it was probably Victorian. It was so stylish and quaint. Very pretty. This picture really doesn't do it justice. Would love to find one at an auction or car boot someday. Not to use of course, strictly ornamental! There's just something about old or antique things that I find fascinating - all that history. If objects could talk, I wonder what secrets this little treasure would divulge?

No comments:

Post a Comment